Gilad Ben-Yossef wrote:

>>As you may know, there are DOS based programs which uses special
>>fonts and
>>extended graphics modes to give a mouse pointer and some
>>"windows" on a text
>>mode (something like Magic is doing under DOS)..
>>
>>So, my questions are:
>>
>>1. Does anyone knows if DOSEMU can run this kinda stuff and show them ok?
>>

>In theory yes. I've even heared of people running Win3.11 under DOSEMU (bog only
>knows why...). It all depends on the specific application and how it handles these
>things.

The guy asked about changing the VGA fonts to allow a mouse pointer.

Hetz - the way those applications did the fluid movement of the mouse
pointer was by assigning four characters for the mouse pointer. If they
decided that the mouse should be over the that is between four
characters in a square (say:
ab
cd
)
They would replace the characters with the four reserved characters
(let's call them
12
34
)
Next, they would reassign the VGA font so that "1" will look like "a"
with the top left part of an arrow over it, "2" like a "b" with the top
right part of an arrow over it, and so on.

Hence, all DOSEMU need to do in order to be able to support these
applications is support changing the VGA font. As far as I know, this
works (never tried). Hence - noooo problem.

            Shachar