On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 02:23:23PM +0300, Sparx wrote:
> Hello list.
> I decided to build the KDE3 packages for debian myself (since i dont
> expect an official build in the near future).
> I downloaded the source archoves (*.tar.bz2) from KDE3 official mirror,
> unpacked them and tried to dpkg-deb -b but obviously dpkg-deb expects a
> different format than the one that KDE3 got its archives in (for example
> DEBIAN directory and not debian like the archive got, and various
> control file differences)

dpkg-deb --build is not the way to create a binary package from a
source package. Additionally, The KDE 3.0 source tree does not include
the required files for producing Debian binary packages. FYI,
man dpkg-buildpackage should provide the information you seek.

> i am using the latest dpkg-deb (unstable debian)
> anyone got ideas ? suggestions ? already compiled deb's of kde 3 ?

Sifting through the debian-kde archives, I found the following URL:
http://kde3.geniussystems.net/debian
I haven't tested it, but the packages are rumored to work. For further
details, consult http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde

        Regards, Yotam Rubin