Hello everybody,

Here's an offer to present Linux to a large audience who'll be eagerly
listening (since they could be tested on it):

I am currently a lecturer (together with Dr. Eitan Koch) in the Technion
course "Introduction to Operating Systems". And we happen to have a free
lecture at the end of the semester.

If any of you is interested, you can arrive as a Guest Lecturer to this
last lecture, and present Linux, from a technical point of view.

If you're thinking of picking up the glove, here are a few things to
keep in mind:

 * The lecture will be given in the Technion, Haifa.
 * There are two lecture groups, so the lecture must be given
   twice (on Monday 14:30-16:30 and on Wednesday 8:30-10:30),
   both near the end of June (I'll give you the exact dates later
   on). This is a strong commitment - if we agree on the details,
   you can't cancel at the last moment.
 * It should not be a propaganda lecture (well, not to bluntly,
   anyway).
 * Ideally, the lecturer should be someone who learned this course
   in the Technion (it's "the XINU course"), but this is not a
   strict requirement.
 * The lecture should cover (after a brief introduction) a specific
   aspect of Linux -- how it solves a particular OS design problem
   (e.g., how does Linux's scheduler works, or how Linux manages
   memory, etc.). The exact subject will be decided between myself
   and the lecturer.
 * We (Dr. Koch and I) will need the lecture slides *at least* a
   week in advance, so we can comment on them, suggest corrections,
   and make them available to students beforehand.

If any of you is interested, please contact me ASAP, either by e-mail
([EMAIL PROTECTED]; include your phone number) or by phone (my IBM office -
04-8296066; no regular hours).

--
Regards,

 - Tal Cohen