On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 04:44:48PM +0300, Amichai Rotman wrote:
> Hi IGLUs
>
> I had MDK 8.1 and my computer had no problem to shut itself down completely
> (AC power too), after installing MDK 8.2, if for some starnge reason I have
> to turn off the computer, I issue the halt command as su and after the
> KillAll  it says 'Power Down' and hangs there, waiting for me to push the
> power button. I remember such a beheviour whan I had my Pentium 133 machine,
> running RH 4.2 back in 199something...

I experience something similiar, when I shutdown my RH 7.1 system using 'halt'
everything works well and when I reach the 'system halted' message the computer
is turned off automatically. but... if I turn off the screen in the process
of 'halt' (only the screen) the computer stays on and I have to turn it off
manually.

> Where is the config file I have to change?
>
> Can someone help?
>
> 10x,
>
> Amichai.

Courage is resistance of fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.