Hi Eli,

> The event today, near Ganei HaTaarucha, was NOT a Linux meeting.
> It was a UNIX meeting, or more correctly - a cocktail of Sun
> Microsystems.

Oh, they still have cocktails, nice...

> There were many talks about Linux and similar issues (like StarOffice
> etc.), but with no direct link to Linux.

Yeah, I wonder when they finally issue a statement about their hebrew in Star
Office, what about the job that IBM did in Open Office, etc...

> By the way: did you know that Sun is going to release Linux-based
> blades?  Currently, there is a single-blade, 1U, for an impossible
> price (about $1K), based on the latest UltraSparc. But soon Sun is
> rumored to release Intel-based blades, with up to 8 blades in one box
> of 3U, for a very attractive price too. Sounds interesting.

The blades are from their bought company - cobalt. They're doing all the work
if I understood correctly from someone in Sun USA..

Impossible price of $1k? why not? Blade 100 costs $977 and I imagine that a 1U
version of this as a blade should cost the same. After all, not many changes
between them, and don't forget that it's a starting price. Add a 2nd Sun
network card and see how the price climbs...

> More than 1000 people joined the cocktail, and after the formal part
> there was a perform of Shalom Hanoch.

Nice.

Hetz