Hi,

I want to sort a mysql table, but the charset in the database is
Hebrew. I currently *can not* recompile mysql with Hebrew or start
it with --default-character-set=hebrew. The solution i had in mind
was to change the appropriate colum from varchar to either BLOB or
VARCHAR BINARY. Can this approach help? and more importantly what
happens to the current data in the colum when changing its type to
BLOB or VARCHAR BINARY?

Thanks,

Guy Cohen

--
Unix Administration,       |      http://www.unixadmin.co.il
locally and remotely.      |      [EMAIL PROTECTED]