From: Ishai Parasol [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 4:16 PM
To: Linux Mailing-List
Subject: lite distributions

Hi

I'm planing a litlle home network with a gateway & firewall on the first
box, and then 3 old boxes (pentium 100 or so with 500mb hd) that suppose
to serve http, mail, ftp, etc for the outside world. each box should
have no more than apache+ftp+ssh or postfix+ftp+ssh without any X or
other stuff. What I don't know is which distribution should I use for
the boxes - I need somthing that will work with this kind of hardware
and disk size and still be able to compile and run the latest versions
of apache, postfix etc. I'm doing this for learning purposes and I don't
expect too many hits on those servers so performance should'nt be a
problem.

Any good advices ?

Thanks,
Ishai.