zuri zadok wrote:

> Hi Friends
> I have a problem After installing the RH7.3=20
> after the service startup I get a blinking screen=20
> after some blinks I get a message :
> Init : ld "X" respawning to fast ,disable for 5 minutes

You X windows configuration is wrong. The easiest way to fix it is to
logon as root, go into init level 3 and reconfigure it.

To do this at the # prompt type (without the quotes, followed by the return
key):

"init 3"
"xconfigurator"

To get the best diagnostics, type:

"startx 2>&1 >/tmp/xlog"

and post the contents of /tmp/xlog

To prevent the error (by not starting Xwindows), edit /etc/initab
and change the line:

        id:5:initdefault:
to:
        id:3:initdefault:

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson
Bloomberg L.P., BFM (Israel) 2 hours ahead of London, 7 hours ahead of New York.