thnaks, that what I was looking for.
I tried it, and it does not produce anything.
I  do not know much perl.
I used the debugger and saw that in the lines

foreach my $name (grep(!/^(\.|\.\.)$/, readdir(DIRHANDLE)))
and
while (($key,$value) = each %symlinks)

the script never continue inside the block.
i.e. the script cannot "see" the files/dirs in the source dir

any adea ?

Im running it as root, and the mount is done as root as well.
I also tried union /boot /root /tmp
and again, nothing happened.

Alon.