On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 01:47:52AM +0200, Oded Arbel wrote:
> Can you please expand on the reasons you chose not to incorporate the
> generated word lists as a language package to some existing spell checker
> (such as myspell or aspell) and thus making it immidietly useful for "end
> users" ?

I tried to do so with aspell, but since aspell does not support prefixes, the
word list I needed to give it was unmanageably long. This is because in Hebrew,
auxiliary words like "and", "the", or "when" are joined to the following word.
(there are other reasons why Hebrew has so much more word constructs than
European languages. consider &vav;&kaf;&shin;&shin;&mem;&resh;&tav;&yod;&he; - "and when I guarded her".)

We have no reservation from integration with widely spread spell-checkers. On
the contrary - it is in our TODO list, and we would appreciate if someone help
us do it. On the mean while, we believe that hspell-0.1 *is* useful for the end
user, as long as he or she is not afraid of non-interactiveness.

Dan.