On Mon, Dec 23, 2002, Amir Tal wrote about "questions for RMS":
> we are preparing a list of questions that will be used in an interview we are
> interested in conducting with RMS in his upcoming visit.
> the chosen questions (and the answers, of course) will be translated and
> posted as an article at whatsup.org.il, for public viewing and debating.

Here's another question I'd be interested in hearing Stallman's reply to:

In several occasions you admitted having started your Free Software efforts
as a reaction, or <I>antithesis</I>, to proprietary software (e.g., your
famous "printer software" anecdote).
In the years that have passed, have you noticed any serious flaws in the
idea of free-software, flaws that prevent the world from abandoning
proprietary software altogether in favor of free software? If so, what
do you think a <I>synthesis</I> between the two approaches might, or
should, look like?

[note to the interviewer: if this question is chosen and is to be reworded,
the words "antithesis" and "synthesis" must not be reworded, as they are
a deliberate choice of words, referring to the Hegelian "dialectic process"]

--
Nadav Har'El                        |      Tuesday, Dec 24 2002, 19 Tevet 5763
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |Communism is the equal distribution of