Hi

I'm looking for a way to know (using the command line) the number of emails
that a /var/spool/mail/USERNAME file contains. Right now I'm using "less
/var/spool/mail/USERNAME | grep -c Subject:  ", but it's not accurate enough
(cases of forwarded mails etc.). Any better ideas ?

Another question. Is it possible to run pine with another user email file
(/var/spool/mail/USER) ?  for example, I'm logged as root and want to read
USER2 emails (ofcourse, USER2 can't login, he's only a mail account and not
a "full user"). If it's impossible with pine, is there a client (not for X)
that can do it ?

Thanks,
Ishai.