On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> This remoinds me - I'm reading now "The Complete DHTML refference"
> (or something like that) from O'Reilly (don't sniger - this book
> is all about portability) and was wondering how feasable would it
> be to stick an "IE compatibility module" in Mozilla?Has anyone
> though of that?I don't know Mozilla's internal workings.

First-off you'll have to fork a new project, because mozilla's developes
stick to standard conforming.

Basically you'll have to modify mozilla's rendering engine. It's not
"sticking a module". It means making many changes. Getting
feature-by-feature compatibility is tough. Bug-by-bug compatibility is
even tougher.

And then the next version of explorer will arrive, and introduce new sets
of features and quircks.

--
Tzafrir Cohen
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]