On Wed, 2003-01-01 at 08:16, Erez Boym wrote:
> So to avoid waiting on boot I have used netconfig
> again to install my NIC with an imaginary IP
> 118.118.0.0 and net mask 255.255.0.0

> What should I do to enable Mozilla to resolve Internet
> names and have my NIC installed at the same time ?

Use netconfig (or edit the files directly - it's in
/etc/sysconfig/network) and remove the default gateway entry.

Also, using an IP from the ranges reserved for private use is highly
recommended ( 10.0.0.3 netmask 255.0.0.0 for example).

--
 Gilad Ben-Yossef <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 http://benyossef.com

 Q: "What do you do if your Linux box goes down?"
 A: "Sit around in the dark until the power comes back on"