On Thursday 09 January 2003 19:21, Eliran wrote:
> Alex Chudnovsky wrote:
> >Can you provide details of your Windows connection? Not username and
> > password, but VPN server name? Is it PPTP or L2TP? Windows XP supports
> > both, L2TP support in Linux is not so strong yet.
>
> VPN: pns.inter.net.il
>
> >And why? What is their exact answer, "It's impossible" or "We don't know
> > if it's possible"? I'm inclined to think it's actually the second.
>
> It does *not* work. Not that they are such a linux gurus...
How doesn't it work? What happens if you run pptp pns.inter.net.il? What is
your /etc/ppp/options?
I checked the issue, and I DO SUCCEED to establish at least VPN connection. I
can't establish PPP connection, as I haven't a username/password for Internet
Zahav, so PPP authentication fails.

> >Netvision proclaim they do support Linux for the connection phase, so you
> > may try them.But - no support if you've got e.g. problems with e-mail
> > while in Linux, even if the problem is theirs. In this part, their
> > support guys are "script monkeys", except their Linux guys. I tried to
> > call them once because of a NNTP problem. "We don't support Linux". "Ok,
> > I'm booting to Windows... it's the same problem here". "I don't know, I
> > can easily connect from my station here at work." "Can I talk to some
> > Linux guy?" "Yes, wait a bit"... To Linux guy it took exactly half a
> > minute : "Let me clarify that... Yes, we know of this problem, it's
> > because of our maintenance works. Try to connect in an hour".
>
> That happen frequently ?
It used to happen frequently when they only started to provide Internet via
the cable. Now, the service is pretty stable but disconnections here and
there, but they are easily overcome.

--

Regards,
Alex Chudnovsky