On Thu, Jan 02, 2003, Shachar Shemesh wrote about "Re: Stallman interviewed in Haaretz
Friday Magazine":
> Except neither of these statements are true any more.
>
> They now send you your password via email, so a real email address is
> required, and disabling javascript did not work for me (and also not for
> some other people here).

Actually, I just did what I described (the fake email part, not the
Javascript part) today, and it did work. I used "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" as my
email address, and instead of waiting for the password (never) to arrive,
I clicked on the link (in reversed hebrew) it gave me, and I was in,
without needing to actually receive the password password!

> I think that when you did register as you did, they left a cookie on
> your browser that enables you to now read their stuff whether your'e
> javascript enabled or not.

I doubt that, though I admit I am not in the mood now to experiment to
rule that out...

--
Nadav Har'El                        |      Thursday, Jan 2 2003, 29 Tevet 5763
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |The path of least resistance is what