Hi,

I won't engage into any discussions about which desktop is better (for maybe
obvious reasons), but let's still put a few facts straight:

>   QT HAS A MONOPOLY

Depends on what you call a monopoly. Its (IMO) the best available C++ GUI
toolkit on X11. In that sense it might have one.

> - What if I want to apply a patch QT doesn't like? (I'm not allowed!)

Wrong. Qt is under the GPL (since more than 2 years). You're allowed to patch
it as much as you want (assuming you GPL your patches). Actually most
distributors do that.

> - What if QT doesn't want to support it anymore?

It's GPL, the community can pick it up and continue developing it. And even
more: Once Trolltech stops supporting the community and stops releasing Qt
under a free license, the last released version of Qt would automatically
fall under a BSD license (meaning you could do more or less anything with
it). Read http://www.trolltech.com/developer/faqs/free.html#Q8 for details.

> - What if QT suddenly doesn't like SuSE? It is in a position to deny them
>   of KDE and give their competitors an unfair atvantage

No, Qt is GPLed.

Btw, the company producing Qt is Trolltech, not QT.

Cheers,
Lars