Proposal: run different distributions at lower cost. Learn how to
install, use, upgrade...

1. buy a machine per distro:
        Pros: no simulation, good hardware support.
        Cons: too expensive, takes room.

2. buy a removable HDD per distro:
        Pros: no simulation, good hardware support.
        Cons: run one sys at the time.No shared partition

3. use user-mode-linux http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net
        Pros: run multiple instances,distros.Simulate different harware
configuration.
        Cons: installation is not genuine. limited hardware support ( no sound,
video,...)

4. buy vmware
        Pros: extended hardware simulation(scsi,...), multiple instance.
        Cons: the host and guest distros are limited. ( I wanted to try
debian,slackware)

5. Multiple partitions (look article at
www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux)
        Pros: you have access to shared partitions.
        Cons: one instance at a time.

Questions:
        Who tried option 5, and what was his/her results?
        Who is using one of this options and what are his/her comments?

--

        QOTD:
        I tried buying a goat instead of a lawn tractor; had to return