> > Not to defend the practice of asking a question without being on the
> > list, but what about the bigger goal of helping a linux win?
>
> I see that as a moot issue. Linux has already won. what I

Ever heard of "be paranoid"?

I wouldn't say that "Linux has won" any time soon, there is a lot more
market to gain and threats to answer even just to preserve what is
already "linux territory" (what's linux territory? Movie studios?).
(e.g. NZ Post just decided to move from OS/2 to Windows after
considering Linux for a few months - I wonder if the Linux vendors
there could do more to win this deal).

As for this being "off topic" - isn't a question about commercial software
on top of Linux of interest for this group or its participants? Go figure
if one day you might have a project or a job at that customer because
linux won there. What would you brag about in "Linux in Government"
conferences if not about how many businesses succeed on Linux?

Everything is connected....

--Amos