Quoting Eliran Gonen, from the post of Sun, 16 Feb:
> > My guess is that you have the cheap Creative sound card: Ensonique 1371.
> > Doing: /sbin/modprobe es1371 should load the sound driver.
>
> It is actually: Ensoniq|5580 AudioPCI

doesn't matter. try the modprobe, it should work. sndconfig has problems
with kernel 2.4 at times.

> > Look at the output of your: /sbin/lspci - first device on the list is 01:00.0
> > - thats where your IRQ is shared.
>
> 00:01.0 PCI bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8605 [PM133 AGP]

no, 01:0:0 should be bus 1 (AGP) not bus 0(PCI), so it's most likely the
graphics. no worry, sharing is OK in most cases.

> OK. So I got some more details. What else can help to identify the problem?

is there still a problem? if the manual modprobe helped, just do

echo es1371 > /etc/modules

(or whatever is the module name that worked for you)

--
Celebrity boxer
Ira Abramov

http://ira.abramov.org/email/ This post is encrypted twice with ROT-13.
Documenting or attempting to crack this encryption is illegal.