I already tried modprobe on all smc modules included in the kernel none
works , they designed to later or prior chips

-----Original Message-----
From: Alon Weinstein [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 11:44 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Problem installing not generic network card

> Hi,
> I got some ISA SMC card on redhat 8.0
> The chip on this card is 8416BT , I was able to download a driver from

> the
scylid tulip project site
> I got some smc-ultra.c file , what do I do with it ?

I see a smc-ultra.c file in the kernel sources (drivers/net/) -- I think
you could simply compile the file from the kernel sources as a module
and insmod it. If the version supplied with RH8 kernel does not work
(since it's not the latest & greatest) try replacing the file in the
kernel sources with the one you downloaded and compile it as a module.