gk>> and where is the definition of your 'adsl' routing table? there is no

If you mean for 'symbol' adsl - it's in /etc/iproute2/rt_tables.

gk>> 'adsl routing table' by default. perhaps you forgot to add 'adsl'
gk>> somewhere in the 'ip ro add' command? something like:
gk>>
gk>> ip ro add default table adsl via PPP-host dev ppp0

Yes, that's what I did. I mean, I did not forget - this is the command I
used to set "conditional" default route. That's why packets went through
ppp0 and not through "global" default. The problem is that the packets
going "in" don't work as intended, only ones going "out".

gk>> ofcourse it does - after all, your default route for the default routing
gk>> table is set to go via ppp0 - thus, _All_ your traffic will be going out

No, it is not. The global default route is through eth0. Sorry for
forgetting to mention it.

gk>> via that interface. this, while the incoming data is defined to go
gk>> according to routing table 'adsl', which was not defined.

It is defined. That's why the packets go "out" through ppp0 - otherwise
they would go out through eth0 - just as other ones which do not match
firewall mark rule. I wish it was as simple as that...

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      \/  There shall be counsels taken
Stanislav Malyshev      /\  Stronger than Morgul-spells