On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 01:19:55PM +0200, Hetz Ben-Hamo wrote:

> My only gripe is that the compile speed itself is
> SSLLOOWWW... compiling X11  CVS + KDE CVS at the same time is a
> great way to see how to bring your CPU to it's knees..

I prefer fast generated code to faster compile times. How often do you
compile? how often do you run what you compile?

Look at at ccache and distcc to help somewhat in the "slow compile"
department.

> I wish someone could hack the auto* tools to work with {borland, Intel}
> compilers...

Don't they work now? ./configure --with-cc=icc or export CC=icc should
do it.
--
Muli Ben-Yehuda
http://www.mulix.org