Eli Billauer wrote:

Because if you open KWord, you can't take it as anything else but a clone of MS-Word. It looks the same, it feels the same, and it has a very related name. Every little item on the window's outline just happen to be exactly where MS-Word put it. This can't be mistaken.

Just to clarify- the BSA letter was about OpenOffice, *not* KWord

First and foremost, the fact that open source programmers see MS applications as a model to imitate. This applies for many GUI applications that we see lately: They smell MS without being MS. (GNOME & KDE included)

Agreed

And the other sad thing, is that Linux is risking its legitimate status by offending laws of intellectual property. And for no reason at all.

IANAL.
Said that, I am not sure that most of the "windows like" OSS is actaully braking intellectual property laws. But this is OT...