Gilad Ben-Yossef wrote:

As such, I feel free to express my opinion: I dislike the way the organizers are treating people. I think they are acting in a non profesional manner, don't respect their customers and don't bother to learn their ways and all in all are doing every mistake in the marketing book. At least MY marketing book. Even worse, my expreince leads me to expect the worst from the organizers - e.g. everyone putting their details there is going to get spam. Hell, I got spam to an address given in a meeting to discuss organizing this thing.

I'll just clarify - the organizers (Peli, in particular) went ahead and subscribed all the people who attended to "daily maily", a daily P&C mailing list. That is the spam discussed above. This almost caused all of us (Hamakor people) to get up and leave the initiative.

I talked to Peli, and explained why this is a problem, and how the "Linux people" will see it as, and we agreed that there should not be any recurrance of such an event.

This is the point I'm trying to make - the organizers are sometimes not up to our high standards of how someone collecting personal info should behave (and how a web site should be built). However, they are VERY responsive to feedback (with the sole exception of the published date and location the conference is to take place - the registration site *still* says "Dan Panorama" - for anyone who has not heard of it yet - it's at the Hilton). This is, to me, just as important. Problems at their sites preventing Mozilla users from accessing it were fixed within minutes from being reported, and I see the same respondfullness in other areas. As such, I would mark that off as an "initial blunder" rather than malicious activity.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant

              • ... Ira Abramov
        • ... Oleg Goldshmidt
        • ... Yaacov Fenster - System Engineering Troubleshooting and other miracles
        • ... Eli Marmor
          • ... Gilad Ben-Yossef
            • ... Nadav Har'El
            • ... Eli Marmor