Oded Arbel wrote:

KDE's KControl has a kcm module called 'Font Installer' which does not convert TTF to Type1, but it does create AFM files for TTF file it installs. Mandrake's drakfont utility does convert TTF files to Type-1 (and then goes ahead and installs both version - beats me why).

THANK YOU!!!

Anyway, sadly I cannot help with KWord hebrew printing - my system (Mandrake 9.1RC2) prints hebrew out of the box.

That's too bad for you.

For the rest of us, this is what I did to solve the problem:
Run the kcontrol, and go to "Font Installer" (it's under "System Administration").
Switch to administrator mode.
On "settings", Check (under AFMs) "Generate with", and select "iso8859-8". Make sure both TrueType and Type1 are checked.
Go to kword, and marvel at the fact that it will now print Hebrew.

Oded - thanks very very much.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh