Hi List,

I’m trying to set up a SLL gateway, what I mean is to create one server, and behind him all my http & https server. The client connect to the “SLL gateway” in https, the “SLL gateway” unwrap the https read the http header, and direct it to the right server.

[Client] ---HTTPS---> [Squid machine] ---HTTP---> [http servers apache + II$]

I compiled the latest squid version (squid-2.5.STABLE2) whit SLL support. As I read in the man, this version includes the SLL patch inside...

For normal http sessions the squid is grate (the squid guys call this kind of configuration “http accelerator”), the problem starting when I starting an https session, the squid doesn’t do the same thing as he did whit the http, he just drop it!!!

My questions are:
1) Is this architecture looks reasonable, or am I fighting windmills???
2) Can any one can advise my where to find manuals on the specific subject, I searched google, but, the only related subjects are old and doesn’t concern the SLL patch...
3) If any one tried this kind of things (SLL reveres proxy, SLL wrappers, etc), can U give me some millstones?

Thanks in advance,
Gili