I have a strange problem with my Flyvideo 2000 TV card. Every so often (at
seemingly no special time), xawtv stops showing a picture - I get only sound.
When this happens, I've tried restarting xawtv, restarting KDE and even
unloading and re-loading the relevant modules (rmmod saa7134 and insmod
saa7134), but nothing solves the problem. The only way to get back the
picture is to boot the computer. I certainly don't want to re-boot LINUX just
because my TV picture has disappeared.

I don't believe this is a hardware problem, but of course, I can't prove it.
In any case, since I'm taling about a warm boot solving the problem, I don't
think any hardware is getting reset - so it looks like a software problem to
me.

I haven't seen anything like this mentioned on the net.

Has anyone seen this problem or can anyone suggest a better solution?

TIA

--
Shlomo Solomon
http://come.to/shlomo.solomon