On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 12:34, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> About the WaitForMultipleObjects on Linux - it indeed looked like a useful
> thing back in the NT 3.51 days, except that it didn't work for Socket handles
> and the limit of 64 objects was annoying (had to accomodate for unlimited
> number of threads and file handles).
>
> You might want to look at the Reactor pattern (or just its implementation)
> in ACE to see how you might approach this in a portable way.
>
> http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE-overview.html
>
> Hope this helps, would be curious to hear how things turned out.
>
> --Amos

Thanks for the head's up.
I saw it long ago when I was looking for a solution.
It was nice, but too complex (and it was in C--, something I despise).

I've got the idea rolling in my head for some time now.
A part of my open source project ([EMAIL PROTECTED] buffering software) was an C
multi-platform OS abstraction layer that handled tcp, processes,
threads, etc.
I'm thinking about taking this code out, building "Multi-Object" like
option for all OS, and developing a multi-platform abstraction layer as
my main free open source project.

--
Take care,
Gilboa Davara