Eran Tromer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On 2003/06/08 12:01, Alexander Maryanovsky wrote:
>
> > Java itself, the language, hasn't changed since JDK 1.1 (released in 97
> > if I'm not mistaken).
>
> Nearly so.
> JDK 1.1 added the "strictfp" keyword, and JDK 1.4 added the "assert"
> keyword.

Reportedly, more important changes will be introduced in 1.5,
including enums, autoboxing (automatic conversion between base and
wrapper types), templates (dubbed "generics"), enhanced for loops,
static import, etc. All of the above are, IMHO, sorely missing. My
personal exposure to Java is not very wide or deep, but lack of *every
one* of these features frustrates me every time I need to write a few
lines in the language. Cf.

http://java.sun.com/features/2003/05/bloch_qa.html

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | [EMAIL PROTECTED]