Guy Cohen wrote:

On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 07:58:26PM +0300, Amichai Rotman wrote:

How can I find out what causes this overwrite? I looked at the logs,

Use common sense... If that happen *after* you run a script... What can cause that.. hmm

Not a very good lead, in this case.

The script does not alter /etc/resolv.conf directly. It does call pppd, which may update this file itself, I guess. Looking at the logs, it is clearly visible that the right DNS servers are handed with pppd. I am out of ideas as for why it pushes that name.

I'll add that I'm remotely administrating the machine that happens on. This means I cannot recheck this, as I'll lose the IP it currently uses. Any good dynamic DNS howtos around?

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant