On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 02:00:58PM +0300, Shany Pozin wrote:

> My thoughts were :
>
> dual xeon P3 with 2MB cache /  or dual AMD  (don't know which one yet)
> 2GB of RAM
> RAID0 array with two 80GB Western Digital 7200-rpm and a Raid controller
> 2*LAN 10/100MB
> VIDEO CARD
> CD ROM
> 4U case

I get the impression you are trying to avoid a single point of failure,
am I right?
If that's so then what about having a cluster of at least two machines,
there are planty of ready-made such things for Linux floating around and
people on this list who know them much better than me....

As for using WD for the disks - not to start a religious war but they at
least used to have bad reputation.  I got a few recommandations to shell
out a little more and get a Maxtor (and with a very little more it also
came with an 8Mb cache).

As for the dual-cpu requirement - is it a performance requirement?

--Amos