Lior Kesos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> apropo commercial vs opensource relationships -
> http://www.ximian.com./about_us/press_center/press_releases/index.html?pr=novell

I noticed it earlier today and chuckled to myself that it was all well
as long as Novell doesn't sell Ximian to SCO. Then I thought about Ray
Noorda, Novell's former CEO, who founded the Canopy Group that founded
Caldera and now owns SCO (or a big chunk thereof), and wondered how
much say he still has at Novell (probably some, Canopy is filled with
former Novell bigshots who likely hold stock at Novell).

Then something prompted me to check Canopy's web site,
http://www.canopy.com, and I was surprised to see that Trolltech was
in their portfolio. GNOME/Mono *and* KDE/Qt in one basket - hmmm...

[Your pet conspiracy theory goes here]

Note the ;-)

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | [EMAIL PROTECTED]