On Wednesday 06 August 2003 19:55, Shaul Karl wrote:
> > In RedHat and Mandrake you can try to hack the kernel's srpm. Unlike
> > deb, rpm has its own patch management.
>
>   Does that mean that you have 2 separate entities, an srpm and a
> patches-rpm?

srpm is an RPM package that contains source archives, patches and compilation
instructions. it is used to build binary RPM packages. in the RPM spec file
you list the patches that you want to install and the build process will path
the source tree with them after it extracts all the source archives.

It is relatively painless to add more patches and test them, though I think
that dittigas intended for something a bit different.

--
Oded

::..
a host is a host from coast to coast