On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 02:02:17PM +0200, Oleg Kobets wrote:
> Well, as it seems, iproute2 was created for policy routing, nat, QoS and
> tunnels for kernel 2.2.
> At least, that is what I have found on it's HOWTO pages.

  At least some of it is targeted by iptables, doesn't it?

> I have failed to find etables though, so I have no idea what it does.

  etables is from http://ebtables.sourceforge.net. Quoting its short

     Ethernet bridge tables. A firewalling tool to transparantly filter
     network traffic passing a bridge. The filtering possibilities are
     limited to link layer filtering and some basic filtering on higher
     network layers.
         The ebtables tool can be used together with the other Linux filtering
     tools, like iptables. There are no incompatibility issues.

     This site also contains the latest bridge-nf patches for the 2.4
     kernel series.

  While searching, I found the
Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO (ltrac),
http://lartc.org/howto/index.html, which claims to be `A very hands-on
approach to iproute2, traffic shaping and a bit of netfilter'. There is
also the http://l7-filter.sourceforge.net/. That short page mostly says
how in debts the authors are for the lartc HOWTO. Note sure how the
l7-filter fits in. I guess I am mostly confusing different tools.
--

    Shaul Karl,    shaulk @ actcom . net . il