Hi list.

I'm setting up a mail server with all the bells and whistles, and I'm trying
including support for authentication using DIGEST-MD5 and CRAM-MD5.

I've setup postfix to auth using SASL2, and SASL to use PAM and PAM to use
MySQL (long winded - I could use some hints on how to shorten this. I'm
assuming postfix can't auth to MySQL directly).

Now PLAIN and LOGIN work perfectly, but when I try DIGEST-MD5 or CRAM-MD5 I
get this error:

postfix/smtpd[30479]: warning: SASL authentication failure: no secret in
database
postfix/smtpd[30479]: warning: unknown[x.x.x.x]: SASL CRAM-MD5 authentication
failed

or

postfix/smtpd[30479]: warning: SASL authentication failure: no secret in
database
postfix/smtpd[30479]: warning: unknown[x.x.x.x]: SASL DIGEST-MD5
authentication failed

I tried to look on the net, but most I got was errors with the sasldb, but I'm
not using sasldb - I'm using MySQL via PAM.
If anyone has some experience with Postfix and SASL2, I'd welcome some hints.

Thanks

--
Oded

::..
If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable