Hi list.

I'm having a problem with a server, where apparently I don't have any entropy
left in /dev/random :
# sysctl -A | grep random
kernel.random.entropy_avail = 0

and of course - every call to /dev/random blocks. the server in question is a
headless box, so of course no entropy is generated by HID devices such as
mouse and keyboard, but IIRC dev/random should also be filled by disc access
(of which there is a lot) and maybe network (I remember a discussion on
turning off entropy feeding from the NICs, but I don't remember if it was
actually carried out).

The kernel is 2.4.21 with grsecurity patches, and I was wandering if anyone
has any idea what I can do now - can I somehow seed dev/random by hand ?
All the file systems are reiserFS, which raises the following question - is it
possible that reiserFS block I/O does not generate entropy ?

--
Oded

::..
When you do not know what you are doing, do it neatly.