On Wednesday 08 October 2003 19:14, dittigas wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 16:44, Oded Arbel wrote:
> > On Wednesday 08 October 2003 16:10, dittigas wrote:
> > > NTLM Auhtentication was added to Mozilla as of 1.4 on Windows only
> > > using SSPI. AFAIK there's *no* support on other platforms.
> >
> > There are several projects that do NTLM authentication on linux - search
> > freshmeat.net for NTLM. there's even a perl module for that. apparently
> > its not that hard, just stupid.
>
> Yep.
>
> > I don't understand why Mozilla haven't
> > implemented it natively for the benefit of all users.
>
> Would mozilla be able to work with any of them indirectly?

I guess - at least two projects I saw are actually an "NTLM proxy" (talk about
a proxy to a proxy *g* ), but integration is always a bitch.
I personally would have taken the relevant piece of code from some C based
project and junk it in a module for mozilla, and that's it. get the
premission of the author to MPL it (which I'm sure won't be a problem) and
you're set.
Unfortunatly, while I mourn the loss of functionality on the existensial
level, I don't have any intention of ever using NTLM (the only thing getting
remotly close to NTLM that I might use is OWA which handles HTTP BASIC AUTH
just fine), and I'm too busy doing my own stuff.

--
Oded