Rony Shapiro wrote:

Hi Shachar,

What makes an Open Source project "Israeli"?

There are some projects that deal with BiDi, and those are listed whether Israeli or not. Fribidi is managed by Behdad, who is from Iran (originally, at least). ICU is by IBM, where noone on the project at all is from Israel. They are important for Linux in Israel, and are therefor listed.

As for the "other" category - the thing that makes them Israeli is that they are an Israeli initiative.

I'm asking because you might want to consider the project I'm administering
for listing on http://beta.linux.org.il/sites/projects:

https://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net

The only thing that makes this (possibly) qualify as an Israeli OS project
is the nationality of its admin and lead developer. (I've no idea regarding
the nationality of the other developers - guessing by their names, however,
there are no other Israelis.

That qualifies as far as I'm concerned. Of course, being a representative of Hamakor, which is an Israeli Society for promoting Free and Open Source Software, I care about it's license more than I care about it's relevance for Linux in particular.

Regarding the project itself - It's currently a Windows/PocketPC/English
project, slowly being shifted towards a more portable architecture. Any
volunteers for Linux/Hebrew versions are welcome!

Like I said, I don't mind putting it in, though I agree that it's a hard pressed project to put on a site who's main focal point it Linux. Still, it gives a better width to the community. I'm directing this question back at the community at large, to see whether there are any serious objections.

Thanks,

Rony

Shachar

--