Hi,

If you have read the ALSA instructions - you really don't need to compile all
the drivers - just PCI, and your driver that is needed..

Could you supply please the output of /sbin/lspci please?

Also, make it really matters HOW do you play the files - if with XMMS, then
make sure you either using the ALSA driver in XMMS or if you use XMMS with
OSS drivers - the the snd-pcm-oss drivers are loaded to memory..

BTW: you better upgrade - the 0.9.8 got some bugs fixes (although still not
for ALi 5451 - the shit chip inside IBM R40e notebooks..)

Thanks,
Hetz