Leonid Podolny wrote:

Hi,
I have some weird ssh (X?) configuration issue I'm unable to resolve.
Pretty standard scenario: I want to connect to the box A from the box B and run there X-based programs having the output forwarded to the box B via ssh tunnel. The /etc/ssh/sshd_config has "X11Forwarding yes" line in it. (at box A).
And I run ssh with the '-X' switch.
Both A and B are behind NAT, at different locations . However, there is static NAT mapping of port 22 to A, so I'm able to connect from B to A via ssh. However, when I try to run some X application I recieve the following error:
_X11TransSocketOpen: socket() failed for tcp
_X11TransSocketOpenCOTSClient: Unable to open socket for tcp
_X11TransOpen: transport open failed for tcp/localhost:10
Error: Can't open display: localhost:10.0

Hope someone can help, L.

When you connect via ssh, and you do "echo $DISPLAY", what is the output?

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant