On Saturday 13 December 2003 02:38, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> OpenOffice uses a rather independent fonts configuration. What about
> gtk2 programs? What about abiword (uses Xft, but independently of
> of gtk)? gnumeric?

Abiword is OK, perfect with both Hebrew and English, although it doesn't
handle niqud properly.

> > * My locale includes ctype=he_IL.utf8 and thus I can print Hebrew from
> > kde apps.
>
> try changing that to 'he_IL.UTF-8' , just in case the case matters here

I had that originally, but once I upgraded to Fedora, KDE stopped to print
Hebrew characters, so I guessed that the locale wasn't read properly. I did
locale -a and saw that it is all lowercase and without dash, so I tried that
and found out that Fedora likes its locales lowercased.

What now?
--
It is absurd to seek to give an account of the matter to a man
who cannot himself give an account of anything; for insofar as