Zope is an application server for Python, so its in a way the oposite side of the scale from a IDE.
CMF is a content managment system built on top of Zope
Plone is a portal managment / portal generation / doc managment / community support system built on top of Zope and CMF

In any case, if you're looking for a DB based alternative for system file calls, then you're right. This is not what you want.

http://zope.org/
http://plone.org/