×××× ××××× 11 ××××× 2004, 04:24, ×××× ×× ××× Gad:
> I've managed to play around with the fonts and I discovered that the
> font I was using (Ann) probably doesn't have a UTF8 version, so it was
> displaying as gibberish.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC fonts do not have a "utf-8 version" or a
"cp1255 version". they have entity groups or something other which
corresponds to various languages code sets and its up to the rendering engine
to convert from the current character set's character code to the correct
entity location in the font file.
i.e - the character code for aleph in ISO-8859-8 is different from the one for
ISO-10646, but I can still use the same font for both.

--
Oded

::..
"I'm not confused; I'm just well-mixed."
        -- Robert Frost