Hi list.

I know this issue has been discussed here in the past, specifically about XMMS
and the missing MP3 input plugin.
Well, I got XMMS to play, but that just half the problem - I want KDE and
GNOME to play MP3.

Both aRts (for KDE) and gstreamer (for GNOME) that came with Fedora Core 1
seem to lack the capabilities to play MP3s. they play vorbis files just fine,
but when asked to play MP3 files, both aRts based the gstreamer based
applications just refuse to play - no error messages at all.

Anybody manages to get that to work w/o installing lame from sources and
recompiling kdemultimedia and gstreamer ?

--
Oded

::..
"Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My
opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them."
        -- Flannery O'Connor