Here is an article covering the basic differences b/w cable and dsl-
   http://compnetworking.about.com/library/weekly/aa111200a.htm

In short, cable is theoretically faster but since the bandwidth is shared b/w all the cable traffic in the neighborhood,
it will very often give less bandwidth per household during peak hours (if everyone in your neighborhood is a kazaa-lite master, every hour is a peak hour)
yonah

Amichai Rotman wrote:

Hi All,

At home, I am connected to the Internet through Cable.

I went to a friend with ADSL. I noticed a dramatic difference in speed in favor of the ADSL connection.

Is it possible? Am I imagining things?

Thanks,

Amichai Rotman

Short text-only e-mails: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
UIN#: 6401746
Registered Linux User#: 201192