The fact it happens only during high CPU demand, I would suggest checking that
the heatsink is connected ok.
Many boards have some sort of an alarm regarding over temerature (check to
make sure it's enabled in the BIOS). If they don't, the CPU just overheats,
and freezes, and there's nothing you could do about it.
It might be system overheat too - You should check it out. Try openning the
computer case, and touching with your hand (and see if you can make it longer
then 10 seconds) to the CPU heatsink. If you can (and you did it immedatley
after the computer froze), it's not overheat.

Let's try to see it from a different point of view - What didn't you change
betwin the two computers?

Ez.