On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 08:54:05AM +0200, Orna Agmon wrote:

> yudit. And it does not come up as a result of apt-cache search 'hebrew'.
> I just do not remember why I needed it to set up Hebrew...

It has a built-in keyboard map for 'hebrew' . It also comes with
'uniconv' that works better than iconv for charset converions.
As an editor I'm not sure it is of much use. But uniconv is useful.

Two other things:

A vim version with 'rightleft' compiled in.

And naturally I'd suggest ivritex .

What about openoffice?
What about bidi support in gnu emacs?

--