On Saturday 27 March 2004 14:59, Omer Zak wrote:
> Findings:
> 1. The installation software doesn't locate JRE (known problem for RH 9
> and later), even though I installed j2re-1_4_2_04-linux-i586.rpm
> downloaded (as *.rpm.bin) from www.java.com.
point it to the correct location?

> 2. The installer's dialog windows are too large relative to the screen
> size. 3. While the installer displayed Hebrew properly (when I ran it in
> locale LANG="he_IL"), the software itself didn't locate installed Hebrew
> fonts.
spadmin

> Questions:
> 1. How to make OpenOffice 1.1 RC3 work with Culmus fonts installed in
> Fedora Core release 1?
spadin

> 2. Is it possible to make it work with the installed JRE after
> installation was completed?
> 3. Exactly to which executables should I point the menu pane shortcuts
> for OpenOffice applications?
all the files in the root of your installation.

in iglu you will find a spec I made. it makes an rpm from the binaries you
got, and you will have less problems.
the spec works for mdk systems, but it will hopefully work for you too.

http://iglu.org.il/pub/Hebrew/diego

--

diego,