Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but a friend introduced me to Overnet on his
Windows machine. After a short search, I found and installed a Linux client
to play around with. While GOOGLING I found instructions on how to open
appropriate ports in the firewall, but decided to see what the program would
do without touching the iptables rules. To my surprise, Overnet works "out of
the box".

To verify that my firewall is still working properly, I went to ShieldsUp at
http://grc.com and passed all their tests (including portscans of the ports
Overnet uses). So I have 2 questions.

1 - Why and how is Overnet working?
2 - Am I exposing myself in any way, and if so, what's the danger?

TIA

--
Shlomo Solomon
http://come.to/shlomo.solomon